So we finally have some good news in regards to Mac's job. Yesterday he not only looked dashing in his suit, but he was also given a conditional offern from Solano County after his command staff interview. So that is really good news. We went to Claim Jumpers yesterday to celebrate. :o)
The offer is "conditional" on him passing a psyc evaluation, a medical exam and a drug test. Sooooooo hopefully he's not crazy! :O) This whole process should take at least another 4 weeks. But, hey... what's four weeks when we've waited this long?
It's exciting to get this news, however, I think we both had the feeling of "yes this is really exciting, but it's hard to believe until he is in uniform, and going to work the first day"
By the way, this is a Correctional Officer position. He'll be working in the county jail system. They seem to feel he is a good match for this position. Hopefully he's love it. Either way, it is a good stepping stone for a Sherriff's position too. So... good news all around.
Other than that... it's raining it's pouring. Looks like we'll have rain all weekend. But... I kinda like the rain. We're watching Veggie Tales in my classroom today for recess due to the rain...it's amazing how much 5th graders like Veggie Tales. I wouldn't have guessed it, but I think it's because they have never really seen these videos before. It's also because they're just plain funny. :O)
Ok... I'm out.
Oh... PS did you see that I am a GENIOUS and found out how to "link" websites to my blog? I know it's a simple thing, but I was really proud of my figuring out that whole thing. lol :o)
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are so happy that things turned out good for McKenzie. We will continue to pray that everything will go well.
We love you
Nana and Grandaddy
Post a Comment