Well, those of you who know me (stacy), especially those in So Cal (I love my cavity club) know my teeth are bad bad news. LOOOOONNNNNGGGG story short, I had a REALLY bad dentist at one time, who we thought was great, and he messed up my teeth, and my brothers, and friends of ours. Sooooooo my teeth have had lots of trouble.
My new dentist is WONDERFUL. She has been taking really good care of me, and going back and fixing lots of problems. She is really doing good work (she is a parent at the school weho I trust completly) Most appointments are at least 45-60 minutes. I'm usually pretty sore the next day, and often we have to stop 1/2 through the appointment to stop the bleeding in my gums as they have to drill so much, but the treatments that they are doing.... well it's working. Many of my teeth are pretty weak because of the extra large fillings in my mouth. The goal is to eventually cap many of them, but until we know FOR SURE that all of the decay is gone, it is not worth capping them. So I just need to be really careful. Twice I have been on an all soft diet for a few days or a week.
Well, I have had some pain on a tooth that we did about 1 year ago. Probably the filling is so big, and the tooth so weak, it has cracked somewhere.... causing me a fair amount of pain, and major sensitivity. I went in today, and found out....
I will have my first official root canal on Thursday at 5:30.
AWWW BOOOOOO
I went and picked up my perscription today. At least 7 days of antibiotics, and 800mg motrin for the day of and after. I'm a wimp, so I'm thankful for the motrin.
I know plenty of people have LIVED through a root canal, but it doesn't make it any more fun. I tried my very best to avoid it. I floss, brush, and use an extra floride rinse to try to strengthen the teeth that I still have. But I suppose my time has come.
Awwww BOOOOOOOOOOO
OK, I'm going to retreat to a hot bath, and relax. HOPEFULLY I will go to bed early tonight... but it's already almost 9, so that's not looking good so far.
SO that is that. I think I was just venting. Thanks for listening. And to those in my cavity club in So Cal.... I've officially moved up a level in the club... for what it's worth.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment