Ok, because I stink at posting things on here, I think this will be a New Year's Resolution for me...I will post at least once a week. Don't worry, this is not my only goal for 2008, but it's a worthy one for my online world I think.
So... what's new...
November 07:
McKenzie and I celebrated 3 years of marriage! We ate Thanksgiving dinner, and then we were off to Monterey. We were there Thanksgiving- Sunday. We spent a day at the aquarium... the weather was FANTASTIC.
December 07: This month was crazy... just crazy. I got sick with a cold mid month, which threw me out of commission for almost a week. I took 1 1/2 days off of school ( I went in on Monday, and left at 12 for a dr's appointment). In the middle of the sickness was my school's Christmas program... really fun to be sick and haveto be at school till 9pm, and be friendly.
Finally the time came for Christmas vacation...I had the perfect plan for our end of the year party. I was going to make homemade waffles for my class... adn my waffle maker broke. Luckily we had a toaster and a parent to run and buy frozen waffles.
So the 21st of December, we were off school... and as i was relaxing on the couch at abotu 8pm, almost falling asleep... I get a phone call from my mom. My Grandma fell (Gagaruby) and the paramedics were at the house. I threw on a sweat shirt and off we went. She had gone out to get the mail about 7:40, and fell by the mail box. They took her to the emergency room, and then took her to Kaiser later that night. I got home about 2am, my mom and dad took the trek to Kaiser with her, and they got home about 3:30am.
From there we found out that she fractured her pelvis. Praise the Lord it wasn't her hip! Yikes... that would have been bad news. So she had a choice then to go home, and get therepy a couple of days a week, or go to a nursing home and get therepy everyday. She went to a nursing home on Dec. 24th.
In the mean time, on the 23rd, McKenzie and I went to breakfast with my parents, and then the plan was to finish our Christmas shopping in Faifield (25min. from Napa). As I ate, I realized... this doesn't taste good... my stomach kinda hurts. But we had HORRID service, and so I was too busy talking to the manager to really worry about it.
On the way to Faifield... I threw up.
I thought... must have been bad food... I'll be ok.
We went to Barnes and Noble... and I sat.... miserable in the kids department. ( I would like to publically apologize to all the kiddos who were at Barnes and Noble that day that woke up Christmas morning with the flu because they had been around me.... I 'm sorry!)
I told McKenzie that I just needed to go home. I threw up 3 more times on the way home.
McKenzie went to the store and got gatoraid adn ginger ale, while I took a shower. I spent the next 12 hours sick sick sick. Luckily for Mac, I threw up at 11pm for the last time, and he came home at 11:10... so he didn't have to deal with too much.
I spent Christmas Eve at home, until about 8pm when we went to my grandma's for gifts.
Christmas Morning was fun: My stomach still wasn't back to normal, but I was feeling better. We went to Mac's parents, and opened gifts with them. Then we went to my parents and opened gifts with them. I got Rachel Ray Pots and Pans.... which I LOVE!!!
So that brings us to Jan. 08. We spent New Years... well, Mac had to work till 11, and then we played games with my parents. That's about it.
I go back to work the 7th. Until then I have a little bit of grading to do. Not too bad. I need to do some laundry... story of my life.
It is pouring down rain today... pouring. I am working at sumbody (www.sumbody.com) and watching the rain.
Ok... that catches you up.
Stacy-out
Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment