So today in my class we discussed what to do in an earthquake. We talked about the fact that something may hit me, and I would be unable to give instructions. I talked about the steps they will take without me etc. We have an "all clear" door hanger, which we will put on the door if we leave no one inside. I told my class, if I am still in the building, don't put the sign on the door, cause I want someone to come and get me :) They laughed.
So, before recess we practiced getting under our desks, and lining up. When we were done one student came to me. Her mom is studying for the BAR (lawyer) exam, and I've been connecting with her more lately, cause her house is a little crazy, and very busy with mom's study schedule. She put her arms around me and said,
"Mrs. Marks, you've been like a mom to me the last 2 months. I love you. Don't worry, I would send someone back in for you."
This is why I teach.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment