No one probably even reads this anymore... simply because it is never updated.
But hey... let's see what I can remember from the past 6 months:
February: All I can remember about February was that I went to a women's retreat with other women in ministry and pastor's wives at my church. Just a great time to connect with others, pray for each other, and build relationships.
March and April: We had an AWESOME Family Fun Festival at church. Lots of people attended. We had carnival games, a giant inflatible slide, an inflatible obstacle course, a petting zoo, and the fire department even showed up! So fun, and a great way to reach out to our communitity.
That was the end of March, which moved us into our Easter Season, and Stacy got sick sick sick. I was sick for Easter, and in bed for about 4 days. Mac even had to stay home from work one day just to make me feel better.
May: Mac's Birthday... and trip to SERBIA! He had an amazing time traveling with 5 other men from our church. They worked at a Teen Challenge Center in Serbia. They put paver stones on a driveway/porch area. They also got to pray with people going through the Rehab program, and teach classes. Just a GREAT GREAT GREAT Trip.
May, June and July: When Mac got back from Serbia, we discovered I was pregnant. We were not trying to get pregnant, it all just happened. This pregnancy ended in miscarriage in June. God has been so good to us in the process. We had to induce the miscarriage at home, and a D&C the day after. Stacy was tired, but the process was relitively easy, all things considered.
There have been a few complications since then, which require weekly blood tests, but so far levels are good, and Stacy is healthy. Keep praying for a full recovery.
We saw WICKED in San Fran. right after the initial procedure, which was an awesome show, and a great break for the both of us.
July - Aug. : We went on VACATION!! To Fort Bragg Ca. We camped for a week. Stacy's parents and grandparents were there Sun-Friday, and then we were alone Friday-Sunday. We celebrated Stacy's birthday by eating yummy food, exploring glass beach, and even attending the campsites "campfire" program. It was a great week, that we wished lasted much longer!
In Aug we decided to house 2 interns for the following year. We are excited to see the miracles God has done to allow us this opportunity. We welcome them into our home on Aug. 29th.
That brings us to today. Mac still working swing shift, Tues-Sat. which isn't our favorite, but it's ok. Stacy still loving being a Chidrens Pastor at Hillside in Napa
Overall, we've seen the goodness of God in these past few months.
Let us know if you actually read this... might make me post more. :) ha ha... good luck with that.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I read it! I'm sorry to hear about your loss =(
Thanks David.... I'm so honored you read it. Sorry it's never updated.
Thanks for your thoughts. We're doing really good... God is so good. We've really experienced the miracle of his presence and comfort lately, in so many ways.
I read it too... Or rather, I skim occassionally to see if there's anything new. How's the newly cramped quarters working out with the interns?
Our interns are wonderful! We really enjoy them. But they only have lived at our home for 3 nights. They are currently living at the church in tents for 2 weeks. But they are really sweet... and the house didn't feel cramped at all.
The Lord gave us the right girls, that's for sure.
Post a Comment