Some have asked... what's going on? I didn't know so many of you read this blog. Thanks.
Well, McKenzie did graduate academy #2. The reason he had to go back was that it was a "corrections" academy. Since he is a correctional officer, he must do both. He did really well, and didn't even study. The bummer is all the polishing, and ironing etc. It was 6 LONG weeks, that we really hated, but he made it. I would say "we" made it, but I was less involved this time. I figured the 6 months I gave in the last one was fine. :) But I did spend night polishing brass.
As for my job, Aug. 5th I will be the Children's Pastor at Hillside Christian Center in Napa. It was a long decision, since they have been asking me for a while. McKenzie and I both felt like it was a good time to transition. I am looking forward to it. I am anxious. (Both excited and nervous). I am ready to see what God has in store!
I took a quick trip to So Cal, and went back to GHFC. It was such a nice restful visit. It was only 3 days, and I wish it could have been longer. McKenzie was in the academy and just couldn't leave.
Thursday at 5am I leave for CO Springs. I am going to the "Desperation" conference, and meeting with a children's pastor from New Life Church. The Sr. Pastor at Hillside, and his wife are going too. I am looking forward to it. McKenzie didn't think his schedule would allow him to go, so we didn't book a ticket for him. Then, of course, his schedule changed, and he could have left. Awww Booo.... but he did get it worked out to go on a retreat with the church leadership to Tahoe next weekend , so I am really super glad about that! And he also got off the weekend of my birthday, which means one last weekend get-away before I start into full time ministry again.
ok... thanks for stopping by. I gotta pack! YIKES!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the update. Sounds like ya'll are having a good time.Works sounds good too. Happy that ya'll have the jobs that you want.
Stacy we hope you had a Happy Birthday.
Love Ya'll
Nana and Grandaddy
Post a Comment